The Leatherman Surge is one of our two largest multi-tools; a real powerhouse, built with our largest pliers, longest multi-tool blades and easy-to-use locks. A unique blade exchanger, replaceable 154CM wire cutters and four outside-opening blades give you quick access to the tools you use most. The Surge was built for tough jobs and the hands that do them.
R 2,400.00 – R 2,650.00
1. Needlenose Pliers
2. Regular Pliers
3. 154CM Replaceable Wire Cutters
4. 154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters
5. Stranded-wire Cutters
6. Electrical Crimper
7. Wire Stripper
8. 420HC Knife
9. 420HC Serrated Knife
11. Spring-action Scissors
12. Awl w/ Thread Loop
13. Ruler (8 in | 19 cm)
14. Can Opener
15. Bottle Opener
16. Wood/Metal File
17. Diamond-coated File
18. Blade Exchanger®
19. Large Bit Driver
20. Large Screwdriver
21. Small Screwdriver
1. All Locking Features: All locking features means that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. Note that the Crunch; however, does feature both all locking tools and plier head. The all locking design enables the user to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, the user can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
2. Lanyard Ring: This secure ring is for attaching the tool safely and securely to a lanyard. Often people who work near water or on scaffolding attach their tool to a lanyard on their person to avoid losing the tool if it’s dropped.
3. Outside-accessible Features: This multi-tool features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife.
4. One-hand Operable Features: Every feature on this tool can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables the user to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.
CLOSED LENGTH: 4.5 in | 11.5 cm
WEIGHT: 12.5 oz | 335 g
420HC Stainless Steel
25 Year Warranty
Phillips #1-2 & 3/16″ Screwdriver
You may also be interested in:
Bit KitR 500.00
Pocket Clip & Lanyard RingR 130.00
Replacement File & Saw for SurgeR 125.00
The first-of-its-kind multi-tool returns: The Limited Edition PST Portland, OR — January 23, 2018 — This is the first Tool Tale: In 1975, recent college graduate Tim Leatherman and his wife Chau set off on a roadtrip throughout Europe. Along the way, the unreliable Fiat the newlyweds had purchased for $300 required multiple roadside fixes. […]
Responding to customer demand, Tread™ Plus Watch including Tread LT debut Portland, OR — November 21, 2017 — It’s high time for this product introduction from Leatherman. This summer, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. will debut the long-awaited TREAD™ Plus, a watch-meets-multitool to have on hand for the expected and unexpected. Known for its ingeniously designed […]
Over thirty years ago, whilst on a nine-month trip around Europe and the Middle East with his wife, Tim Leatherman, repeatedly attempted to repair their car and faulty hotel plumbing using his simple pocket knife. What he really needed was an additional tool with firm grip to hold, bend and compress objects. He began sketching […]
This year, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. debuted an industry first: a multi-tool that can be worn on the wrist. The Leatherman Tread is crafted of high strength, corrosion resistant 17-4 stainless steel links that include two to three functional tools each, making a total of 29 usable features like box wrenches and screwdrivers available at […]
Leatherman has designed a tool for those who participate in activities away from civilization. They found that Leatherman users often appreciate the preparedness that a multi-tool can bring them, and they’ve used that feedback as inspiration for this new tool. The new Signal multi-tool comes equipped with vital survival tools like a ferrocerium fire starter […]
Recently, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. launched an engineering first: a multi-tool crafted specifically for the younger generation. Recognizing that its maturity and proper training that determines when a user is ready for more responsibility, Leatherman designed the Leap multi-tool with features made specifically for new tool users, including with the unique ability to be used […]
Looking for the ultimate gift for the outdoors-loving man who is nuts about his multi-tools and torches? Two amazing brands, Leatherman and Led Lenser, have developed a limited offer gift box set that will take the headache out of finding the perfect gift for the gadget-crazy. This two-piece gift box set includes a Leatherman Rebar […]
No Twitter feed to show
THE LEATHERMAN STORY
Tim and his wife travelled to Europe and the Middle East. On that trip, things do what things do when people go on vacation. They break. Needing something more than his pocket knife to deal with some leaky plumbing and a cranky Fiat, Tim, who also happens to be a mechanical engineer, had an idea: What if this pocket knife was a pair of pliers, and maybe a screwdriver? And just like that, the Leatherman multi-tool (and the entire multi-tool market, for that matter) was born.
Flash forward about 30 years. Today Leatherman is a company of more than 350 campers, hikers, hunters, anglers, shooters, DIYers, gardeners, crafters, car racers, motorcycle riders and more. In short, we’re a company of doers. We’ve designed and crafted countless tools and knives. We’ve expanded our factory. We’ve starred in movies. We’ve been featured on TV shows. And most importantly, we’ve amassed a loyal following.
But we never let this success go to our heads. Through it all, we’ve never forgotten our purpose or our goal: To build the tools that help all types of people do whatever needs to be done. To build tools that help people save the day.
- Our tools bear the name of company president Tim Leatherman, who invented the original Pocket Survival Tool, now known as the PST.
- The Leatherman Wave multi-tool is hands down our most popular model, made famous by its outside-accessible blades that can be deployed with just one hand. When we redesigned it in 2004, we gave the new Wave larger knives, stronger pliers, longer wire cutters, and all-locking blades. Perfect for any job, adventure, or everyday task, the Wave multi-tool is an international best-seller.
- Every multi-tool and knife we ship out the door is crafted by one of the 700 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty.
- Take a quick tour of the factory and see how your favourite multi-tool is made. Just click on the link to our You Tube channel!
GET IN TOUCH
Tel: +27 (0)21 981 6672
Fax: +27 (0)21 981 6730
8 Shiraz Road, Saxenburg Business Park 1