- Oval design increases sharpening surface
- Hones and realigns knife edge
- Interrupted surface speeds the sharpening process
- Soft grip rubber handle for comfort and safety
- Hang-up ring for easy access
- Plastic sharpening tip protects your counter during sharpening
10″/25cm Oval Diamond Sharpening Steel
Smith’s is proud to offer the ultimate in sharpening steel technology with the “World’s First” interrupted surface, diamond coated, oval sharpening steel. Smith’s 10″ Diamond Sharpening Steel features a unique sharpening surface with a overlapping oval hole design, which is coated with multiple layers of micron-sized monocrystalline diamonds. This innovation helps speed the sharpening process by collecting and holding the metal filings which ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. It comes with a soft grip rubber handle and oversized hand guard for comfort and safety. Unlike conventional steels, which only realign your cutting edge, the Smith’s 10″ Diamond Sharpening Steel hones and realigns your edge at the same time.