“Our tools are built to last, but if a failure happens as a result of material or workmanship, your Leatherman is backed by our 25-year limited warranty. If you are unsure if your Leatherman tool qualifies for warranty, please refer to these exceptions.
Our warranty program covers tools purchased for personal use only. This warranty does not cover bulk purchases from auctions, Government/Customs clearance sales, second-hand markets or flea markets with the intent to resell repaired or refurbished tools.
This warranty covers only the original/primary owner and does not cover abuse, alteration, theft, loss, or unauthorized and/or unreasonable use of your Leatherman product. This warranty does not cover accessories, sheaths (exception: Ainsworth Sheath is covered by a 2-year warranty), imprinting, colour finishes, cleaning, or sharpening. Any of the aforementioned will not be returned to sender with the exception of the Ainsworth Sheath. Be sure to choose an insured and trackable delivery service as Leatherman South Africa is not responsible for products that do not arrive in the mail. This warranty covers products purchased through an authorized dealer and proof of purchase from an authorized dealer may be required.
Leatherman Tool Group is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.”
What is covered by our warranty?
- Our tools are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for 25 years
- We don’t keep track of the time, i.e. no till slip required
What is not covered by our warranty?
- Maintenance, accessories and loss
- Tool finish and coloured coating
- Modified tools
- Corroded or rusted tools
- Blunt blades
- Dirty tools
- Burnt tools
- Welding damage to tools
What about sabotage or policy abuse?
- Intentional/deliberate abuse is not covered by our warranty
- No more than four tools return limit as our warranty is intended to cover the original owner for their personal use
- Only whole tools returned will be considered for warranty
Sharpening and Maintenance Services
Periodically tools are returned to us that just need to have blades sharpened, tools serviced, generally cleaned or repaired out of warranty. In this case we will be happy to do the required service at a minimal cost as follows:
Menu of Services
Prices are inclusive of VAT
- Standard Service – * R70/tool
(includes sharpen, lube, clean)
- Replacement of Components – * R140/part
(out of warranty tool)
(* Prices are subject to change)
Please note that these fees will apply from January 2021.
How to submit a warranty claim?
Complete and submit the WARRANTY FORM form located at the bottom of this page.
By submitting this form we will receive a copy on our system for tracking purposes and another copy will be emailed to you (this is called the WARRANTY FORM return email) so that you can print it out and send it with your faulty product.
Print the WARRANTY FORM return email (mentioned in STEP 01) and include it in the package with the product you are returning. This is the only way to identify your product when it reaches us.
Problem: You do not have a printer?
1. Write a letter with your full name, contact details, physical address, product brand & model including a full description of why the product is being returned. Include this letter in the package with the product that you are returning.
Send the package via a traceable courier service where delivery confirmation can be obtained if necessary.
Send WARRANTY FORM and product(s):
The Service Centre
C/o Awesome Tools
No. 8 Shiraz Road
Saxenburg Business Park 1
Why have I not received my WARRANTY FORM return email?
1. View your email spam or trash folders.
2. Add *@awesometools.co.za to your acceptance list with your email server.
3. Still have not received our email? Click here to download our WARRANTY FORM and complete all fields.
Place this form in the package along with the product you are returning.
CURRENT TURNAROUND TIME FROM PHYSICAL RECEIPT OF REPAIR/SERVICE/WARRANTY CLAIM(S): 4 WEEKS
Progress follow up requests will not be dealt with telephonically and details (including proof of deliveries) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to reply