Opinel products come with a lifetime warranty and are exchanged in case of defects in materials and workmanship.
Damages due to normal wear and tear, improper use, dismantling or other alteration, are not covered by the warranty.
Opinel uses two types of steels for their blades, i.e. carbon* and stainless** steel and corrosion to these blades is not covered by warranty:
* Carbon steel is the steel historically used by Opinel, which has contributed to the brand’s global fame. The carbon steel blade is marked out by its exceptional cutting quality and ease of sharpening. The blade requires specific maintenance to avoid the risk of corrosion which is not covered under warranty.
**Stainless steel is corrosion-resistant, does not require any particular maintenance and ensures excellent cutting quality.
How to submit a warranty claim?
Complete and submit the WARRANTY FORM form located at the bottom of this page.
By submitting this form we will receive a copy on our system for tracking purposes and another copy will be emailed to you (this is called the WARRANTY FORM return email) so that you can print it out and send it with your faulty product.
Print the WARRANTY FORM return email (mentioned in STEP 01) and include it in the package with the product you are returning. This is the only way to identify your product when it reaches us.
Problem: You do not have a printer?
1. Write a letter with your full name, contact details, physical address, product brand & model including a full description of why the product is being returned. Include this letter in the package with the product that you are returning.
Send the package via a traceable courier service where delivery confirmation can be obtained if necessary.
Send WARRANTY FORM and product(s):
The Service Centre
C/o Awesome Tools
No. 8 Shiraz Road
Saxenburg Business Park 1
Why have I not received my WARRANTY FORM return email?
1. View your email spam or trash folders.
2. Add *@awesometools.co.za to your acceptance list with your email server.
3. Still have not received our email? Click here to download our WARRANTY FORM and complete all fields.
Place this form in the package along with the product you are returning.